1. This contract is for the hire of holiday/vacation accommodation by the persons named below only [the Hirer(s)] and for the period specified below only and is under French jurisdiction. The Hirers are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and must take out their own comprehensive travel/holiday insurance. It is a condition of booking as stipulated by the EU Travel Directive. Important: Your Insurance must include third party/personal liability. (This does not apply to visitors from North America)
2. The Hirers accept that the accommodation Owners, their Agents or Employees shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident or injury to any members of the party or visitors, howsoever caused, nor for loss or damage to any personal goods or property, howsoever caused. Children MUST be supervised at all times.
3. The Owners are relieved from liabilities if the accommodation should become unavailable for any unforeseen circumstances. In this event a refund may be made up to the maximum rental fee paid by the Hirers and every assistance will be given to secure alternative accommodation for you.
4.Under any circumstances, the Owner’s maximum liability will be limited to the amount of rent paid by the Hirers.
5. It is the Hirers responsibility to satisfy themselves that the style, type, standard and location of the accommodation they choose suits their purposes. All information is on this website and includes subjective opinion. Parties are not permitted to take any actions which could reflect negatively upon the reputation, services offered, or standing of either party. French Regulations and standards apply. If you should have any specific questions or special requirements not covered on this website, please email email@example.com
6. Hirers are responsible and liable for all damage or breakages during their stay, whether accidental or negligent and are required to replace or pay for damage/breakages. We do not like the principle of holding an 'in case of damage' security bond from you but we do ask you kindly to replace anything that gets broken or damaged and to respect the accommodation and all its contents for us and all future Hirers. If you are unable to replace an item for any reason, you must let us know immediately so that we can ensure that the next Hirers receive the full benefit of completely equipped accommodation, which of course, as you will appreciate, they rightfully deserve. Any necessary repairs, replacements, or any unexpected costs, etc. will be charged to you at cost only and we will give you all reasonable assistance for you to recover the cost from your Insurer, where appropriate.
7. If it is deemed by us in our reasonable opinion, or by any person in authority, that the behaviour of any member of your party, or person you invite to the accommodation, causes or would be likely to cause danger, distress, offence or upset to a third party or damage to the accommodation your holiday will be terminated immediately and the accommodation must be vacated at once, without recourse.
8. The Hirers must first seek the Owners written approval if they intend to throw a party, host a reception, entertain visitors or do professional or commercial business at the accommodation, or the Hirers will be in Breach of Contract. Such written approval will not be unreasonably withheld. Please note that pets are not allowed at the accommodation. All of the accommodation is non-smoking but you may smoke outside on the balconies.
9. Either we will post the keys for the apartment to you 10 days before the start of your vacation, so that you will have the keys in your hands before you commence your journey to Nice. Upon receipt by you, all the keys to the accommodation become your responsibility at all times and must be returned to us by an insured, to be signed for, 'trackable' service immediately after your stay. The keys remain your responsibility until they are received back by us or if you prefer, we can arrange a 'Meet & Greet' service for you at a small cost. Please note: It is a strict condition of our French home insurance policy that the doors and windows of the property must always by fully locked when unattended.
10. The accommodation, which is self-catering, is available from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival and must be vacated in a clean, tidy and hygienic condition by 10.30 am on the day of departure.
You are required to leave all crockery, cutlery, utensils and pans in a clean state and stored away properly in the cupboards ready for the next visitors.
You must remove all your household waste out of the apartment before you depart and put it in the apartment building's communal bins.
This is to enable the cleaners to prepare the property for the next Hirers. We reserve the right to make a surcharge if damage or loss is caused to the accommodation or contents; if the accommodation requires more than the normal amount of time to clean and prepare for the next Hirers or if more than the normal amount of laundry is required to be done; or the next Hirers entry into the accommodation is delayed because it is not possible to commence cleaning by 10.30 am. All bed linen and towels are supplied.
The price for the accommodation includes all electricity, water and gas charges (and heating should it ever be required), all bed linen and towels and end-of-stay laundry charges, end-of-stay cleaning costs, concierge fees, and all local charges and taxes, and wifi (we are not liable for any loss of wifi service).
11. A deposit of 30% of the total rental cost is payable upon booking. The balance must be paid 2 months prior to the holiday. Payments made on cancelled bookings are not returnable (except as noted in condition 3 above) but we will give you all reasonable assistance for you to recover your costs from your Insurer, where appropriate. Please kindly note that if payment in full is not received 2 months before the holiday, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled and the accommodation will be re-let. Please make your own diary note as reminders are not sent.
Payment is by cheque in £ sterling made payable to Tony Cremer-Price OR by various credit or debit cards. To protect your financial security, please phone Tony direct on 07 836 291791 (and if calling from outside the UK dial +44 7836 291791).
Tony has been fully authorised by the world's banks to receive payments by card since 1983. He has a fully up-to-date PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliance certificate, so you can be assured that your card details will be safe and secure. 95% of our visitors prefer to pay by card.
12. Completion of the Booking Form above signifies acceptance of these Standard Booking Conditions. Written confirmation of bookings will normally be by return of post. Bookings are on a “first come first served” basis and are only firm once the deposit has been received by us and confirmation has been sent to you.